My holistic health coaching practice incorporates a whole-person based approach, covering the mind, body, and spirit of each individual I work with.
In my coaching philosophy, I have Four key components to Optimal Wellness: Mindset, Optimal Body, Spiritual Connection, and Optimal Environment.
A couple things to keep in mind as you read over this blog:
#1. I am touching the SURFACE level of the topics here. There is a deeper, individualized approach I apply with my coaching clients that I just simply can not cover in an blog without collaborating with YOU first.
#2. This is one component of my whole-person coaching philosophy
#3. Take a moment to celebrate the fact that you are here. I am proud of you and I hope you are proud of yourself for taking the time out of your busy day to read this post because it really does have life changing information inside!
So, let’s dive in:
What does it mean to have an ‘Optimal Body’? (Hint- it is more than having a six pack and a nice butt)
- The ‘Optimal Body’ is an ongoing, dynamic relationship YOU have with your physical presence. A couple core components that make up your optimal body are the relationships you have with: Recovery & Sleep, Food & your Microbiome, Movement & Exercise, Play & Exploration
- The ‘Optimal Body’ is more than just the absence of disease and having a ‘good’ annual physical check up from a doctor. It is High Level Wellness, where you have a healthy relationship with your body and where you learn to unconditionally love and appreciate your body.
- With the continued development of self- knowledge and self-inquiry, in an ‘Optimal Body’ state you are able to fully grasp that you are more than what is your externally body (the one being reflected in the mirror or in photos). You reconnect with the Self and therefore understand that YOU are not just your body. With this concept in place we bring in your re-defining moment. Where you are able to re-define who you are- BESIDES your body.
- This is unconditional love and we all have the ability as humans to achieve it and experience it within our own bodies and lives no matter what you may have been told or shown otherwise in the past.
- Trust and connection with your body’s inner guidance system. Instead of following rules with restrictive eating or dieting, when your in an optimal state with your body, you apply internal body awareness and you trust your natural, internal cues (ex: of a natural internal cue, )
- Optimization comes through the process of self discovery, self compassion, and self care. This is why mindset is SO important and is interwoven throughout all components of optimal wellness. There is a process of unlearning old/limiting, restrictive beliefs WHILE learning, through positive mindset re-frames, how you can to attune to your natural instincts and intuition surrounding food and exercise.
- The most important component to ANY wellness program (of your own or when you participate in a challenge, transformation program, coaching program, etc) is INDIVIDUALIZATION.
- You can ask, will this serve ME in reaching optimal wellness and does it take into account my body’s unique needs? Keep this in mind as you continue your wellness journey!
SOOOOO…..How the heck do you reach the ‘Optimal Body’ state?
- You know where you are right now→ assessment and self inquiry
- You know where you want to go→ Create your vision. We are talking playing BIG here. No more small, realistic goals. Take time to reflect and get serious about how you want to feel, what energy you want to embody, who you want to be in 6 months from now, in one year from now, in 5 years from now. DREAM BIG.
- You make a commitment everyday to take the inspired action that will bring you into alignment with your higher self/’dream’ reality. The actions that will take you from where you are now to where you want to go.
When you start the journey it is by no means an ‘easy’ one, but think about it, no one ever lived their dream life by sitting in the box of ‘comfort’ and listening to their fear gremlins on repeat.
Working with a coach can help you in this process. When the safety net of comfort is ripped out from underneath us (which happens naturally when you are expanding your awareness and in growth) it is normal to retract and seek a new safety net (or find the old one and pull it back in). It is helpful to have a coach that can help you see how you may be acting out of fear and retreating back to old habits.
Some More Tools to Help
If you find yourself ‘stuck’ ask this question: “Is fear holding me back from making any real, sustainable changes?”
If you say yes, you are not alone. It is 100% normal to feel this and to think that staying the same is ‘safer’. We all have the fear gremlin mouthing off in our heads when our ‘normal’ patterns are challenges (hi ego). Plain and simple, because you are a human, CHANGE IS SCARY. But fear doesn’t have to win and control your life.
State these affirmations when you want to make a change towards higher self living, but find yourself challenged by the fear gremlins:
- “I am finding comfort in the uncomfortable.”
- “Today I am choosing to live in alignment with my higher self, acting with self love and compassion.”
- “It is safe for me to feel my emotions and act based on love”
- “Everything I see is either an act of love, or a call for love”
I hope this has inspired you to look inward with love and compassion.
The next post in this series will be coming to you on Tuesday (2/4).
Until we talk again,